Minutes of GB Freestyle Committee Meeting – 01/03/2018
Attendance & Apologies
Andrew Jackson – Chairman
Joshua Wedgwood – Vice Chairman
Justin Bunn – Welsh Representative
Rachel Dance – Scottish Representative
Craig Ayres – Member
Tim Ward – Team Manager
Nicola Beeby – Treasurer
Alice Shute – Welfare
Gav Barker – Member
Lee Pary – Events
Conflict of Interest
- Nicola will be in receipt of the athlete rebate so did not contribute to the vote.
- Jacko and Tim in receipt of expenses so committee scrutinised these.
- Alan Ward organised the Nile River Festival 2018 with good feedback. This can be incorporated into British Events.
- Article in Canoe Focus/Paddler advertising Younguns Freestyle and Hurley Classic. 3 pages each.
- British Canoeing having committed time to the INSPIRE progress. Hoping to put an advert out in these.
- Scottish continent likely to be in attendance at the Hurley Classic.
Finance and Budget
Athlete Rebate and Coach Costs for Argentina 2017 World Championships
Committee investigated these items and are satisfied with the paying of expenses. Athlete rebate to be £130.
|01.08.17||A Jackson||£2,772.92||Bruce, Den, Jacko Flights, car hire|
|07.08.17||Tim Ward||£1,145.46||Tim Flight|
|27.09.17||Team Kit||£200.00||Team Kit|
|18.10.17||A Jackson||£49.99||Car Insurance|
|18.10.17||Team Kit||£151.25||Tam Kit|
|20.11.17||Judges||£1,469.10||Judges Expenses and travel costs|
|20.11.17||Admin||£13.50||Exchange Rate costs|
|22.12.17||Tim Ward||£113.70||Sundry Travel Expenses|
|22.12.17||A Jackson||£544.81||Boarder Crossing Fuel Insurance etc|
|09.11.17||Insurance||£872.41||Paddlers Insurance taken from BCU|
|16.10.17||HPP||£1,000.00||Course Hire Charges|
|114 entries at £30.00||£3,420.00||£1161.30||50% of profit to be used for team|
|.||River Legacy Donation||£650.00||£650.00|
4 Year Plan
Nice to role out at the classic but not possible. JW to organise a role out with the committee.
Hurley Classic coming together. Welsh open has been advertised.
- Hurley Classic – 17th & 18th March
- Women in Sport Freestyle Event 10th March
- Date for Welsh Open – 6th May
- Selection – 19th May
- European Open including British and Club Championships scheduled for first weekend in September
- Event in Wales – Justin & Lowri
- Event in Scotland – Rachel/Bruce
- Lower Key – Boulters & Tees
- Younguns – Dates have been set.
- Nottingham Freestyle League and Cardiff Freestyle League
Welsh & Scottish Matters
No Welsh or Scottish matters.
Hurley Classic being worked at the moment. BC review currently underway.
Still some minor alterations to be made. Committee members to suggest changes.
TW to email Gemma and Anna regarding concerns on Athlete behaviour at the worlds.
Discipline chairs meeting held last Tuesday.
- Terms of reference under review. BC need to come forward with a proposal but at the same time, them not coming forward is an opportunity.
- BC are taking note of kit changes.
- New system active in Scotland and Wales. Now a matter of months and years.
|August||Tim – Euros|